Marcus Aurelius Anderson is a prolific speaker. His critically Acclaimed TEDx Talk “The Gift of Adversity” tells his incredible Hero’s journey of going from being broke, divorced, bedridden and paralysed to a speaker that’s been interviewed over 100 times and has been heard by millions of people worldwide through live speaking engagements, Movie and Television, radio interviews and podcasts.
Marcus is a dynamic and motivating speaker who truly knows of which he speaks covering topics like Overcoming Adversity, Mental Resilience, Functional Leadership and Pragmatic Empathy. Marcus uses the power of his own personal experiences to teach others the skills necessary to see Adversity as a Gift and opportunity to live a life of impact, success, happiness and fulfillment.
Interested in booking Marcus to speak?
The Gift of Adversity
After being paralyzed and dying on the operating table, I now see my injury as the wake-up call I needed to live my life with purpose. I use the lessons learned from my Gift of Adversity now to teach others actionable steps to live their lives to the fullest.
- The tools to turn any Adversity into Victory
- How to use purpose to create urgency and take action
- Be inspired to achieve your greatness
- The power of deeds not words, Acta Non Verba
Peak Performance and Optimal Performance
Optimal performance is sustainable and scalable and peak performance is only something you can do with long term preparation which also requires a long time to recover. Prioritizing while being completely present in whatever you are doing is one of the keys to Optimal Performance.
- Peak Performance is not sustainable, Optimal performance is
- Putting into practice that works specifically for you
- Performance Tips and Tactics while using the Power list
- Self-Auditing, every decision we make either gets us closer to our goals or further away, there is no middle ground.
The most innovative and effective principles of leadership are often underutilized and overlooked. This presentation teaches effective leadership skills that deliver big results with less effort. Leading by example.
- Adversity equals opportunity
- Pragmatic Empathy – Cultivating an environment of adapting, freedom to fail and effort to improve
- Leading by Example – If we aren’t leading by example we aren’t really leading, we’re just setting a bad example
TEDx – Citizens
This talk discusses how we as Citizens can use the Adversity that we face every day as a way to change the world in which we all live for the better. While training to deploy with the United States Army Marcus suffered a serious spinal injury. During the ensuing surgery he died on the operating table twice. Subsequently he was left paralyzed from the neck down. Unsure of his future, Marcus went into a deep depression. In his darkest hour he had a personal epiphany that force him to see his injury as a learning opportunity. Through this Gift of Adversity Marcus was able to overcome his paralysis and walk again. His message is that Adversity is a gift that demands our greatest efforts to rise above our current obstacles and to become better citizens and leaders.